Globe Property Management is a management company that manages a portfolio of 7500 plus units Canada-wide. The Courts of St James is Globe Property Management’s largest premier Residential/Commercial property located at 2727 Portage Ave. The Residential buildings consist of 755 suites with an attached Commercial mall with various services and retailers. All properties are attached with an underground tunnel system to allow easy entry to all amenities.
The Facility Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring building safety for all staff and residents under a COR/S2SA safety system. Working with a team of 6 maintenance personnel and trades in a very fast-paced environment. Asset management of all equipment. Ensuring unit turns are rent-ready for the sales department. Working with General Manager on Capital projects for Residential buildings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(Other duties may be assigned from time to time)
- Interact with tenants and property management team in a calm, professional and helpful manner.
- Understanding of building maintenance operations.
- COR safety knowledge and execution.
- Power plant operations and management.
- Work alongside Maintenance staff on various projects, work orders & unit turns.
- Proficient understanding of HVAC, Pneumatics, Controls, Electrical, Plumbing, Chilled/Hydronic systems, life safety systems.
- Construction knowledge.
- Project Coordinating.
- Knowledge of building permit processes, codes, and insurances.
- Assist safety in inspections.
- Assist in weekly, monthly safety toolbox meetings with staff.
- Coordinate and supervise trades for repairs, preventative, unit turn repairs, and Capital jobs.
- Respond to tenant-related concerns and tenant relations.
- Obtain quotes and coordinate, contractors and suppliers.
- Procurement of facility maintenance supplies.
- Respond to large emergency-related issues as they arise.
- HR-related items.
- Inspect suites regularly to ensure unit turn compliance.
- Payable reconciliation.
- Work Orders generated.
- Move out reporting for units and showing of units at times.
- Admin-related duties pertaining to maintenance operations.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 5-10 years experience in the management of maintenance operations.
- General Maintenance experience in Multi-Family housing or Hospitality and or Commercial settings.
- Project coordinating skills.
- Ability to be available for major emergency-related items.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Proactive, positive attitude, and resourceful.
- Effective written and communication skills.
- Ability to work in an office setting.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Ability to use Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and any other Microsoft office software programs.
- Ability to meet deadlines/excellent organization skills.
- Ability to meet physical demands of the job (i.e., some lifting, walking).
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC.
- Class 5 Drivers License and regular access to a vehicle.
Globe Property Management is committed to protecting health and providing a safe environment for its employees and customers. Therefore, in accordance with current policy, Globe Property Management requires that all members of its staff be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof as a condition of employment.
To apply for this position please respond to this ad with your Cover Letter including salary expectations and resume. We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.